There is always a happy ending when I visit Ikea! Always! So, the other day, when waiting to pay at the cash register, I actually saw someone walking out without anything. I really was in shock there for a moment. Is that even possible? To leave an Ikea empty handed? Come on! You´ve made it all the way there and then you don´t get anything? I do not always buy big stuff, but being there and all, at least walk out of there with some pretty napkins or a lint roller, which are the best btw.
Nope. Not even a stop in the Swedish cookie section, she just walked by it and out! I was in awe! I cannot do such thing! Well, I paid my cutting board and several other items and had a coffee, an ice cream and was tempted to get cinnamon buns. But I didn´t go that far at the end. It was still a pretty happy ending!
Which leads to today´s project: repurposed cutting board kitchen decor!
[This post contains affiliate links, for more info please read my disclosure.]
Repurposed Cutting Board Kitchen Decor
What you need:
a pen for tracing
1. Wrap grey twine around upper handle of cutting board.
2. Print and cut around your lettering. If you like my Tapas & Vino version, you can download it here for free. For your own personal use only please.
3. Arrange the words on the chalkboard.
4. Rub the back of each print with chalk.
5. Turn back and start tracing the letters using a pen.
6. You will be able to see the lettering in chalk and can easily correct by just wiping it off.
7. Once it´s ready, start tracing with your sharpie. I gave it a good 3 coats as the wood soaks the sharpie right up!
I ended up writing the ¨p¨ a little different as I liked it better in a simple way.
And at the very end I squeezed in some artificial rosemary twigs as well 😉
Pin it for later!
So how about you? Do you ever go to Ikea without buying anything or are you like me, not able to resist? Also, what do you think about this little repurposed kitchen decor??
Thank you so much for your visit here, I always love it when you stop by!