Happy Monday y’all! I´m so so excited about today´s post and can´t wait to show you how to make embroidery hoop wall decor using a sharpie! For the longest time I´ve been looking for an embroidery hoop here where I live in Spain, but without any luck. I guess embroidery isn´t populare here. Anyways, the universe brought one to me, cause when I went to Goodwill, I found this pretty big hoop for $2!
[This post contains affiliate links, for more info please read my disclosure.]
How To Make Embroidery Hoop Wall Decor Using A Sharpie
There are so many beautiful ideas on Pinterest about what to do with an embroidery hoop and at first, I wanted to make a wreath out of it. I might still do that in the future, when I feel like changing things up. For now I made this Home Sweet Home Wall Decor and I might hang it on my front door as a welcome sign.
1. What I´ve used:
– embroidery hoop like this one
– white fabric or dropcloth [I used a piece of white fabric leftover that used to be a table cloth]
– black sharpie like this one [ a thinner (not too thin!) sharpie works best]
– hot glue gun to glue on the greenery [not shown on the first photo]
2. Place fabric over the inner ring of the embroidery hoop. Press outer ring down around the inner ring of the hoop and tighten screws. Cut off any excess fabric around the hoop.
3. Prepare your letters or quote. I printed out ¨home sweet home¨ in my favourite fonts. Here you can download it and use it if you like.
4. Stick the printout on the back of the fabric inside the hoop.
5. You can see how the print shines through the fabric, which is great for tracing.
6. Trace the letters with a pencil onto the fabric.
7. Write over the pencil with your sharpie.
8. Cut apart the greenery and arrange it to your liking. Then, with a hot glue gun, glue it onto the embroidery hoop to cover up the screws.
And that´s it basically! There are so many fun fonts or quotes you can use. I used ¨Home Sweet Home¨ because this house is finally going to be ours and it feels great!
I´d love for you to pin this!!!
So tell me, what would you do with an embroidery hoop??? I´m determined to find more of these, even here in Spain it must be possible, lol, and then I´d love to make more of these fun little DIY´s with them… maybe smaller ones this time.
Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you´re enjoying August!!!