Don´t you love a good Ikea Hack? It´s fun and usually inexpensive and just clever and did I mention fun!. My cute Ikea signe rug basket checks off all of those boxes. So let me show you how to make an Ikea signe rug basket in just a few simple steps. It will take you maybe half an hour using a sewing machine. So easy.
[This post contains affiliate links, for more info please read my disclosure.]
How To Make An Ikea Signe Rug Basket
I had two of these cute signe rugs at home, that I originally bought for outside. They were outside for a day or two when I got tired of picking them up at the other end of the garden because of all the winds we get here… So that was that for the rugs. I folded them and stored them away. Oh well, no big deal, they were cheap at the end.
But, since I didn´t really have a use for them as rugs inside or outside, I kept thinking of what to do with them. So a basket was what came into my mind. There can never be enough storage baskets right? A place looks a lot tidier when you collect little items in a basket don´t you agree? And especially if it´s a cute basket with little tassels on it!
1. Lay rugs on top of each other.
2. Cut off one third approx. and sew around three sides. Leave the fringe part open.
3. Fold the rug over aligning the seams over each other. Sew along the below marked corners.
4. Cut off excess corners on each side.
5. Time to fold inside out. This is how the bottom should look like.
6. Fold over the fringes and tie them into tassels using thread.
7. Fill it with magazines, electronic devices like a tablet, plants, etc. Have fun!
I´d love for you to pin this!! Thanks!!
I hope you like my little Ikea Hack as much as I do and maybe you even feel like making your own! They come in lot´s of different colours and I bet they´d look great as baskets!