Hi there friends and Happy Wednesday! How is your summer going so far? Hope all is well. Over here it is the most enjoyable summer ever so far. Most enjoyable in my book anyways, because it is a cool summer, there is always a breeze and the nights are chilly. I hope it keeps on going just like this! So, the other day, I was all motivated to de-clutter the kitchen cabinets, I updated some ugly tiles we have in there using a very simple method that I might be sharing on here eventually too. Anyways, our kitchen breakfast nook needed a new sign, so then, this super easy DIY oversize kitchen coffee sign happened!
Also: Today is our monthly creative blog hop, so below you can find lot’s more DIY wall decor ideas! Keep on scrolling!
Easy DIY Oversize Kitchen Coffee Sign
*Affiliate links used to show like or similar products.
What you’ll need:
large bulletin board/canvas or framed art [mine is an old bulletin board I painted all white]
hot glue gun
You can see I bought my wooden letters in white and they were 0.75€ each, that is a great price for these bigger sized letters I think. And they came in white already!
- Prepare your wooden board. I painted my bulletin board white as I wanted the sign to be as neutral as possible. My kitchen nook is small and colorful with the painted chairs, so I did not want to overload it, color-wise.
- Lay out your words just playing around with the letters without gluing them on. Meanwhile plug in your hot glue gun.
- When you are ready, put hot glue on the back of the letters and press them firmly onto your board.
- My letters were white already and it looked a bit too white when I had them glued on. I brushed them with black paint just a little but all over and let dry.
- Using white paint, I dry brushed the letters so they’d have a chippy, distressed look. This is a very easy way to get that look, instead of actually sanding off each letter.
Here you can see it in my kitchen breakfast nook, hanging above our breakfast table.
I wanted the sign to be as neutral as possible because of my colorful chairs here. Our breakfast nook is small and I think the whites make it look bright instead of tight!
Anyways! Time to check out my friends posts below, can’t wait to see what they’ve been up to!
Welcome to Our Monthly Creative Blog Hop
Katrin | Kreativ K
Amanda | Life On The Bay Bush Blog
Toni | Small Home Soul
Sam | Raggedy Bits