Welcome to the 2017 Ornament Exchange & Blog Hop! This year, there are 47 amazing bloggers participating in the exchange. The rules of the challenge were simple: be partnered with a fellow blogger, create a handmade ornament for $15 or under, create a tutorial, and ship the ornament off to a new home!
I am so excited about this and even more when I found out that I got Sam from Raggedy Bits as my Ornament Exchange Partner!!! We have a similar style so it wasn’t very hard for me to make ornaments for her. And Sam loves everything Vintage Farmhouse, so I made her these DIY Vintage Farmhouse Style Baking Tin Ornaments. I hope she’ll like them, what do you think??
[This post contains affiliate links, please read my disclosure for more info.]
Meet the 2017 Ornament Exchange Hosts
Pam · P.S. I Love You Crafts
DIY Vintage Farmhouse Style Baking Tin Ornaments
What I’ve used:
crochet lace ribbon, similar here
free Christmas words printable available here
TIP: The baking tins were too shiny and brand new looking, so, the first thing I did was rub the baking tins with white vinegar and let sit for a day. Repeat one or two times until you get the desired patina and vintage look.
I printed out the words in one of my favourite fonts.
1. The easiest way to get the words centered is to just turn around a tin, place the print on top of it and rub against the tin until the shape is visible. Then cut out!
2. Use the previously cut out words as a pattern for the translucent paper and cut out as well.
3. First glue word circles into tins and then cover with translucent circles. They will have a nice off white look.
4. Cut tinsel into little strips and glue inside the tins around the words.
5. Turn around tins and stick on the crochet lace ribbon using hot glue.
Sharing is caring, please pin this for later! Thanks!!
What do you think, will Sam love these?? I sure hope so! Well, I can’t wait to see what she made for me and also all the other ladies’ creations! Make sure to check them all out as well.
Also, come back to see where I put hers in my home!
FIND ALL 47 HANDMADE ORNAMENT TUTORIALS BELOW AND SHARE YOURS TOO! Use Hashtag #2017OrnamentExchange so we can see your creations on social media.