Hi guys. How was the weekend??? Mine was quite busy and I made this cute DIY rustic herb sign. I was also working my way through the backyard. Well, I did have some help. I got a gardener! I just couldn’t take it. And I am not posting a “keeping it real” photo on here because I am SO embarrassed! Our backyard is not big at all, that makes it even more pathetic. I don’t know how it got to this stage, but it did and I did not have the time or even tools to work through the jungle. So I got a gardener to do it for me.
It is a clean slate now and I am so excited and relieved! It was giving me major anxiety to see the huge mess in the back and I kept closing the curtains to not have to look at it. But, now that the days are finally nice here, it really was time to do something. Anyways, I did cut down some plants in the front and re-potted some palm trees that had fallen over from storms and hosed down everything. If you have a garden you know what I’m talking about because it is a lot of work if you don’t stay on top of it all. Now I’m determined to keep the grass short and even have some plans to add more plants, rocks and such to it all. Easy growing and bunny friendly plants that is, but once it all starts moving, I will keep you updated.
Another project I am also working on is a potting bench. I have wanted one for a while now and well, it’s all happening this spring! So, today I am sharing this cute DIY rustic herb sign with you all. It will go on my potting bench as the bunnies won’t be able to reach the herbs I am planning on putting on it.
DIY Rustic Herb Sign
What you will need:
*Affiliate links used to show like or similar products
I used a small wooden dollar store tray that I brush painted white, but you could also use this unfinished wooden sign
herbs printable available for free at the end of this post!
IMPORTANT! There are two herb files for you to download, but for this decoupage you need to print and use the backward herb printable!
Print out the herbs printable and cut around each herb.
1. Place them on the sign the way you want them to go, the picture facing down.
2. Turn around one by one and apply mod podge on the bottom of the printable [the side where you can see the print.]
3. Then press it down on it’s spot, applying some more mod podge on top and making sure there are no air bubbles.
4. Let completely dry. I put mine in the sun and it was all completely dry in less than 30 minutes.
5. Grab a paint brush, dip it in water and apply some on the first herb print to decoupage. Let soak in a few seconds.
6. Then start rubbing with your finger until you see the first layer coming off.
7. Let dry again and then using your fingers start rubbing off the rest of it. It will come off real easy. Repeat with the rest of the herb prints.
Apply some wax to seal it all. I don’t know how well it will last outside, I am planning on putting it on the covered terrace so it won’t get very wet when it rains.
Please pin it for later!! Thanks!
All printables are exclusive to my newsletter subscribers, and have a password protected link. Follow the steps below to access the password for free downloads.
- Subscribe to Kreativ K.
- Check your email to confirm subscription.
- Press “Confirm Subscription” & you will receive my Welcome Email with the password.
- Copy the password.
- Press the “Download” button on each post you want to get to the free printables.
- You will be directed to Drop Box. Enter the password, start downloading & enjoy!
Wishing you a great day, Thanks for stopping by!!